Eye Ecography consists of an examination method to scan the eyeball and the surrounding structures contained in the orbits. This examination is non-invasive because it is performed with ultrasound.
The indication for ultrasound in most cases is due to one of the following problems:
- Nevus / mole of the choroid
- Measurement of the muscles around the eyes in case of thyroid problems
- Evaluation of the retina
- Evaluation of the vitreous body
- Evaluation of the optic nerve
- Measurement of the eye length
The examination is carried out with the patient sitting comfortably reclined, a probe is placed on the closed eyes having applied a gel on the eyelids. The examination is absolutely painless, the patient will be asked to look in the different positions of gaze, it lasts a few minutes per eye.